RMS's dedicated engineering and metallurgical consulting team in India is a perfect partner for solving manufacturing and product quality problems. Several senior consultants with many years´ experience are available to help and advise on corrosion or materials selection queries. The metallurgical consulting team also advise on welding engineering, heat treatment problems, verifying product integrity, measuring performance and determining end of life to enhance product performance and quality.
From initial product design, through final production, RMS in-depth engineering consulting services ensures that clients are producing the best possible product. The cost for engineering consulting service is billed on a per hour basis with a 4 hour minimum.
Areas of consulting assistance include:
Root Cause Failure Analysis
• Investigation of a Mechanical or Product Failure
• Assist in cost-benefit analysis post a failure analysis study
• Estimate the remaining service life of a product or machine component Sourcing from India
• Sourcing Material and Products from India
• Determining the right material for a product
• Assist to solve product quality problems
• Compare vendor or competitive products
• Advise on heat treatment for most grades of steel including case hardening, hardening and tempering, annealing and stress reliving
• Prepare material and process specifications for in-house quality control
• Investigate the effect of environmental conditions on a product or material
• Corrosion testing and corrosion related investigations
• Expert witness and opinion assistance in case of trade conflicts, materials disputes, and litigation issues
• Developing custom test setup as required by client-prepared specifications
• Identify equivalents between Indian (IS) and foreign specifications
• Microstructural simulation by phase-field techniques
• Inter-Metallic Phase Determination* Some tests are conducted in eductational institutions. The end goal continues to be in providing the best evaluation in a cost-effective manner.